Thursday, 29 March 2012

Pretty paper

I had a bit of a dry spell for scrap booking (unintentionally, life just go busier for a while) and then realised that the end of the month was rapidly approaching so I spent a weekend making up for lost time. Last year I ran some card making classes for beginners through the local art shop here. I used products from the shop to promote the business and  there was some beautiful papers available. I came across this one in my stash and decided I wanted to use it, but still... I didn't want to waste it. I remembered that the reason it was still on the shelf was because I was reluctant to cut it, I didn't want any of it to be hidden and I didn't want to make a mistake with it.  It is a Japanese style paper, very thin with a fibrous texture on the reverse side. I decided to bit the bullet and use it so I started to search through my printed photos and found this one of my youngest son.  It is a perfect photo because it can be made to suit any colour scheme or style of LO so I went with it. 
I feel a little bit bad about the journaling and in fact the whole page but I think that when he is older and I am no longer around he will appreciate my sense of humour and remember how much I loved paper, colours, textures and patterns.




I took these photos outside on the lawn in natural light without editing them so I think they are shown here true to their colour.  I was too lazy to change lenses once I was outside so using the telephoto lens I had to stand back a bit which made it difficult to fit the whole of the page in. The main photo only shows the bottom left corner of the layout but it's pretty much just "the paper" with a small border of the Stampin Up! Not Quite Navy card stock around it.  And what a perfect segue into the list of things I used :-)

Materials:Obviously the backing card stock is Stampin Up! Not Quite Navy.   The small alpha is a Heidi Swap rub on, the large alpha is foamy one I picked up in K-Mart while I happened to be browsing in the stationary department.  If my memory serves me correctly (which it usually doesn't) it is a 'creative' product. The journaling is written using N.Q.N. pen from Stampin Up! the flower is Baja Breeze ink, stamp and punch from SU on a piece of scrap card I had left over from my Creative Memories days when I first started scrapping.  I have really gone back to basics, kept it simple, the only edge I inked was the journaling piece. The rest was pretty plain because I wanted the paper to be the main embellishment and because it is A4 size I thought it would be too much if I added the little details. Phew, I think's that all the info, one down and 6 more to upload. I have to do it tonight really because I would like to enter some of them into challenges and it's nearly the end of the month. Keep an eye out for more to come. I am still aiming to put the materials in a list format, I just can't help myself, I have to add that extra little bit of info to go with it don't I. Gee I can dribble. I hope you like the paper, and the kid's pretty handsome too isn't he.
Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment