Tuesday, 27 January 2015

18 Years

I scraplifted this idea from my lovely friend Jill.  Our creations look totally different but she was my inspiration.  I wanted to create something quick and easy to get back into the swing of things and decided that a keepsake to remember our 18th wedding anniversary was a good place to start.

It's in a frame so the glass reflects my silhouette which is a shame.

I was disappointed with the placement of the 'happily' stamp on the top flag, I didn't take the floral design into account and it is hard to read.  I was also unhappy with the spacing between all the flags.  When I had everything laid out originally I had the space between the bottom two flags the same as the space between the top three flags (but still separated into 3 and 2).  When I went to adhere everything I placed the large scalloped piece too high and then had to adjust the flags.  That's the problem with the 'lay everything out until your happy and then adhere it all' technique.

I do love the Brett and Liisa font at the bottom and the two date stamps.  I wanted to give the impression of the rest of the yearly dates listed down the page but hidden behind.  Not sure if that's what comes across but I'm happy with it.

I also like the way the numbers seemed to work out well too.
There are plenty of other things I like about it but it would be mundane to list them all, so I'll leave it at that.

I enjoyed creating this, having three boys I don't often use floral or pinks so this it was nice to go with something pretty for a change and it definitely helped me find my groove.

Lx


No comments:

Post a Comment