Sunday, 25 January 2015

My recent creations, meeting the challenge

This is the website I have recently discovered

 CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration

The thing I like about these challenges is that you can pick and choose the elements you wish to include, as long as you use all the colours.
This is the first page I have scrapped of myself.  I chose this photo while browsing through a whole lot of old photos I rediscovered while unpacking.  It shows my grandmother, Miepie and I on my graduation from Uni.  When I was born she called me her 'little star', hence the title.

I used quite a few of the elements required to meet the CSI challenge and the colours of the photo matched well.  I tried some new things (new for me) for this layout - both products and techniques - which was fun.

I have had the 12x12 acetate sheet with the aqua colour flourishes for over a decade I am sure and have always wanted to use it, bringing it out on many occasions and never putting it away again because I couldn't make it work.  I decided to just go for it and have laid the whole sheet over a background piece  with the photo on it and then added all the embellishments on top.  I drew the circles on the back of the acetate.

The coloured background is a stampin' up purchase - white with clear embossed stars on it so that when  coloured the stars show up.  I inked in varying shades in a circle from dark to light.

 Looking at the photo the embellishments on the right look a bit 'bitsy' but on the actual layout they work well together.  

I enjoyed it so much and everything seemed to come together so easily that I thought I would have a go at the next challenge. 

and this is what I created...
I will definitely need to work on the lighting for taking photos of my layouts.  They do look much nicer in 'real life'.

More to come in the next installment but for now that's it.

Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment